This guide is for people who are looking to take 5 grams or more
THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO FEEL DRAWN TO THIS JOURNEY.
IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE MUSHROOMS BEFORE, DO NOT START HERE!
High Dose Mushroom Basics:
READ THE OTHER GUIDE FIRST.
Know why you are doing a high dose journey. Write down your intent.
Set & Setting:
Setting: the physical environment where you undergo your experience.
With the high dose journey, this is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! This should be done in a bed, with a bathroom and shower very close by. This could be your bed or a hotel room, but if you are in your own bed, make sure you have a mattress protector on, just in case. Music is not important, silent darkness can be the best, although it is not necessary.
Set: has two parts your personality and mental state going into the experience. First: the kind of person you are, your fears, desires, conflicts, guilts, secret passions; and Second: the attitude you have going into the experience and your intentions for the experience.
For high dose journeys set is key. You must submit to the mushroom, be ready to see things that scare you. Mushrooms cannot kill you, but they can make you think you are dead.
Safety Instructions / Sitter
You should have a sitter anytime you are doing a high dose journey. Although some find they are able to do a journey without a sitter, for your first time, you must have a sitter. Anytime you are trying a higher level, you must have a sitter. There is a big difference in 5 vs 10 vs 15 vs 20+ until you know what will happen, you need someone sober to help you.
Safety for the Traveler (Person on the journey):
- Make sure you know HOW TO BREATHE.
- Know what other drugs you are on. Cannabis is ok, but most (if not all) prescriptions will affect your trip. Research everything you are on before doing a high dose trip. Lithium and other antimanic agents can be very bad.
- Clean your environment first. Get rid of any obstacles you might bump into or trip over. Make sure you clear your path to the bathroom.
- Fast for at least 24 hours before your high dose. The less shit in you, the less shit will come out.
- Take on an empty stomach.
- Make Tea out of the mushrooms. It will reduce the chance of vomiting.
- Wear loose clothes, you will probably take them off anyway but if they are tight you WILL take them off.
- Be prepared for a “system purge”, some people suggest “depends” or other adult diapers.
- Make sure you have a mattress protector on your bed.
- Have a simple meal /snack prepared for after the journey. Something you will enjoy but that you won’t have to prepare. Such as yogurt, fruit and a muffin, simple and easy.
- KNOW THAT EVERYTHING WILL EVENTUALLY END. You will not be tripping forever, but once you get on this rollercoaster there is no getting off until it’s over. If you get to the scariest part and start to think “I wish this will end”, it will not, at least until the rollercoaster is over. You are strapped in, if you try to get off, you will only make things worse and possibly hurt yourself. For this reason, being in a safe place is crucial. Do not take a high dose on anything you could fall or jump off, just to be extra safe. “Trip at ground level” but also know, nothing you do can make the rollercoaster stop, jumping out a window will not end your trip it will just break your legs.
- KNOW THE MUSHROOMS YOU ARE TAKING. Each batch/kind is different.
If you have not done any of the mushrooms from the batch you are going to use, start small. Do 2g before 5g, 5g before 10g, 10g before 20g, etc…
- YOU MUST BE COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR SITTER. THEY WILL PROBABLY SEE YOU NAKED, AND MIGHT EVEN HAVE TO CLEAN UP YOUR SHIT.
- Be ready for anything.
- Know what other drugs the Traveler is on. Cannabis is ok, but most (if not all) prescriptions will affect the trip. Research everything they are on before doing a high dose trip. Lithium and other antimanic agents can be very bad.
- Go over any medical conditions they have with them before beginning.
- The traveler needs you to do the human things that they cannot. Such as:
- Getting them water
- Getting them to the bathroom
- Reminding them to breathe
- Starting the shower or bath for them
- Getting them a towel or dry cloths
- Getting food for them after
- Don’t interfere or interact with the trip unless you are asked to do so…
- Unless someone falls and hurts themselves, everything will be ok. This is one of the main reasons a bed is a good place for this journey. Unless there is a life-threatening problem (someone cracks their head open or stops breathing, there is no need to go to the hospital. Unfortunately the doctors will only make the trip worse)
- Monitor the person’s breathing, the phrase “Everything will be ok, just remember to breathe” can be extremely helpful.
- Keep notes for the Traveler, they will say and do things that they may not remember. It is your job to help them remember. Audio recording is helpful, just make sure you have consent by the Traveler before the journey begins.
- If someone is stuck in a loop repeating the same word/phrase this is normal and might be a very important thing to discuss after the journey.
What to expect? The physical effects
- Explosive Diarrhea.
- Loss of control of your bladder.
- Gas / Bloating.
- Temporary Paralysis (depending on the type and amount of mushrooms)
- Palilalia (repetition or “loops” of words/phrases).
- Feeling exhausted afterward. Like you just climbed a mountain.
- Continued diarrhea for up to 24 hours after the journey…
What to expect? The journey
- Depending on how you consume them, the journey will start in 20 minutes (tea on an empty stomach) to 1 & 1/2 hours (full stomach or eating the mushroom bodies directly).
- Continued “tripping” even after returning to your body for up to 8-12 hours after your journey starts.
- Leaving your body.
- Inner knowledge of your body.
- Visiting other realms.
- Meeting creatures, gods, aliens, things that cannot be described with words.
- Creatures that enter your body.
- Transforming into different things.
- Visions of god, space, the inside of your body, and/or things that cannot be described with words.
- Feeling like “you’ll never get back” (you will, but you might think you cannot).
- Emotions, fear, happiness, love, hate, everything at once.
- Heightened hearing.
- Synesthesia: smelling or tasting colors.
Tips & Techniques
- Surrender to the mushroom. If you think “I wish this would stop”, it will not. You are on this rollercoaster, you cannot get off till it’s over.
- Drink lots of water. Sport bottles for drinking water are very nice, there’s less of a chance of spilling it all over yourself.
- If you see a demon, alien, or monster don’t be afraid. Approach it and ask :
- “Why are you here?”
- “What can I learn from you?”
- “What can you help me with?”
- Tell the sitter things you want to remember, taking notes yourself is very difficult.
- If you feel “trapped” like you will not be able to return to the “real world” accept it. Know you will eventually come back, but accept that you might not, and this is now your reality.
- Try starting with a small dose earlier in the day. 1 to 2 grams 3 to 4 hours before should help flush your system out. Shitting your bed is no fun.
- Ground your ego afterward, if you are shown that “You are God” know that you are not God but everyone is God.
- Try to find a message out of the trip. What did the mushrooms want to teach you?
- Have the courage to go back. If you feel like you don’t need to, then don’t, but if you are simply afraid to, get over your fear.